Interested in a career within construction?
Based in London?
Evolve Apprentices and Wates Construction, working in partnership with Watkins Academy are pleased to offer an exciting and inspiring two week construction skills introduction/pre-employability programme starting 26th September 2022 in London. The course includes:
- A unique mix of construction roles workshops including plumbing, electrical skills, manual handling and more!
- First-hand introduction to employers who are hiring and guest speakers
- Employability classes including CV writing, interview skills and career exploration
- CSCS green card training, examination and certification
- IOSH Working in Construction Level 1
- Site visits and relevant work experience
- Guaranteed interview with employer*
This unique opportunity is open to those who are aged 16+, living in London and are not currently in employment, education or training. The course is fully funded (free) and no previous experience is needed as all training will be provided.
So, If you are keen, motivated and work really well as part of a team then this could be the perfect opportunity for you to gain life-long skills, experience and qualifications to progress within your chosen construction trade.
*dependant on 100% attendance on programme.
The aim of this programme is to help encourage those aged 16+ who aspire to work within construction and hopefully become the Heritage Craft Apprentices of the future, helping address the ever-growing skills shortages within the sector.
The eligibility criteria for a place on the course is:
- Aged 16+ (no upper age restriction)
- Must be NEET (not in any form of education, employment or training)
- Members of BAME communities and/or female
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Must be a London borough resident
How to apply and further information:
Download our programme flyer: Evolve and Wates Construction flyer
Questions? Contact Julie Wilson, Employability Coordinator: email@example.com 07988 632671
Browse our Jobs
Evolve is a not for profit organisation, registered as a social enterprise, that manages the CITB Shared Apprenticeship Scheme in London and it has responded to industry demand.
The Evolve team has experience across the sector including education, employment, and working with young people.
In collaboration with:
1 Waterside Station Road,
By appointment only
Canopi, 7-14 Great Dover St, London, SE1 4YR
T : 020 3744 0200